I've been cleaning my apartment for over a week now. I'm moving from room to room. My cat, Esther, who used to be called Coco, who therefore sometimes gets called Coaster, likes it that I'm actually doing something that could be considered ownership of the space I sweepingly call Mine but spend so little time in that really it's vain of me to express my authority over (that is, the space and She-cat).
Cleaning is significant for me since I absolutely never do it. I've been living here for almost two years and this is the first time I've put any sort of water to the floors - really. Right now I feel like I can't do anything until it's all clean. And it is, except for the closet, which is also my workspace and is actually the (by far) craziest of all the rooms to clean because of the amount of organizing that has to be done first, a task that also includes organizing my computer and stack of unlabeled miniDVs. But, the rest of my little apartment is done and so I'm writing this and some things I've been thinking about since last Friday.
I'm really excited that we all have to start blogging and we're not laughing about it, like we would be if this was an undergrad NG class.
Harrell seems particularly focused on topics of childrearing.
Some of my favorite people are in this class.
I fear being too clever in my work already and I fear it even moreso in the context of the Some People project and anyway the title of this blog is too clever. You can't even tell what it is, really. But sometimes cleverness is funny, or dorky, which is a club that I've been a part of for so long that now they're paying me for membership (see what I mean?).
I want to include several people in the next several months because I'm interested to see if it's possible to not completely filter a person's personality through mine and plus I have several people already in mind.
Several people I have in mind:
- Becca - she's a social activist and is working on a documentary about a protest with several other people. I met her when we were working on Neil Young's DVD box set this summer.
- Autumn - she owns and runs Dark Garden. She does cabaret and circus acts. I'm intimidated to death by her.
- Maybe that's all for right now... so, two, not several.
Interests that could be leads:
- I used to play Sousaphone in marching band. Are there high school marching bands around here? If there's a big one, there would probably be lots of conductors. Maybe one of them (oh weird, I'm having deja vu right now). Or maybe an older military guy who still plays sousaphone. I played bass clarinet too...
- Well, I'll think of more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment